I am delighted to announce the launch of my new human rights initiative, RightsInfo. The site has just gone live at www.rightsinfo.org. Visit, share, subscribe by email and enjoy!
RightsInfo will use social media to improve public understanding of human rights. Our brilliant new website provides clear, reliable and beautiful human rights information to share.
I have been working closely with a large team of volunteers and the amazing Information is Beautiful Studios to build a space which looks and feels like nothing that has come before it. Here are some of RightsInfo’s great features:
- Human Rights Stories: We are translating hundreds of major human rights cases into plain-English short stories. Four of these will be available on launch and then one will be published each weekday;
- Beautiful infographics like Everything You Need to Know About Human Rights;
- TheTop 50 human rights cases that everyone needs to know about;
- What Human Rights Do For Us: A totally new way to interact with human rights case law and developments;
- The 14 worst human rights myths: Of course, the cat is there!
- A blog with fun, BuzzFeed-style ways to interact with human rights news and information
I really hope you enjoy the site, which will tie in closely with the work we will continue to do at the UK Human Rights Blog.