Mid Staffordshire Public Inquiry report published
6 February 2013
The Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry report has been published. Robert Francis QC was tasked to investigate the role of the commissioning, supervisory and regulatory bodies in the monitoring of Mid Staffordshire Foundation NHS Trust.
Read the report:
- Download executive summary
- Download volume 1
- Download volume 2
- Download volume 3
- Download Key Facts and Figures
The report built on the work of Francis’s earlier independent inquiry into the care provided the hospital between January 2005 and March 2009. A number of 1 Crown Office Row barristers, including me, represented various participants at the Inquiry. They were:
- Sally Smith QC and Christopher Mellor for the Strategic Health Authority;
- David Hart QC for the CQC
- Owain Thomas for the NHSLA;
- Jeremy Hyam and Kate Beattie for a number of the families;
- Shaheen Rahman and Peter Skelton for AVMA and the Patients Association;
- Adam Wagner for the Department of Health.
Appalling conduct. Just how bad does it have to get before people face serious criminal sanction?
Mid Staffs today, Leeds NHS tomorrow:
You must log in to post a comment.