Two great UK Bill of Rights events
24 October 2011
The Commission on a Bill of Rights consultation is closing on 11 November 2011, which is two weeks on Friday. If you trying to decide what you think about the consultation paper (the paper itself is unlikely to help much, as it doesn’t provide any options), then there are two excellent events coming up which may help.
The UCL Institute for Human Rights Debate, Does Britain Need a Bill of Rights?
Free event, this Wednesday 26 October: Book here , Registration from 6:30pm, Event starts at 7pm, featuring
- Chris Bryant MP – Shadow Minister for Political and Constitutional Reform,
- Aileen Kavanagh – University of Oxford,
- Colm O’Cinneide – UCL,
- Saladin Meckled-Garcia – UCL Institute for Human Rights. Chaired by
- Joshua Rozenberg, Presenter of the BBC’s Law in Action
A Bill of Rights for the UK? – Human Rights Lawyers Association
Free event, Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 6pm – 7.30pm, BPP Law Centre, 68-70 Red Lion Street, London WC1R 4NY – info here
- Chair Madeleine Colvin, Immigration Judge, Human Rights Consultant, Doughty Street Chambers
- Speaker: Professor Colin Harvey, Head of the Law School, Queen’s University Belfast and Northern Ireland Human Rights Commissioner 2005-2011
- Discussant Jonathan Cooper, HRLA Chair
You must log in to post a comment.