Recent press and case-law roundup
18 June 2010
- 18 June | FA (Iraq) v Secretary of State for the Home Department: New immigration and asylum judgment from the Administrative Court; new problems for the Government with implementation of a European Directive
- 17 June | Government shelves Equality Act timetable: From Out-law.com
- 17 June | Control orders: a balancing act between human rights and national security: Joshua Rozenberg comments on two recent Supreme Court judgments
- 17 June | Bloody Sunday inquiry: too much, too late: Louis Blom-Cooper writes on Lord Saville’s report in the Guardian
- 17 June | Explanatory note – Sharon Shoesmith v Ofsted: An interesting twist in the Baby P council sacking case, with the Treasury Solicitor apologising for disclosure failings within his department.
- 16 June | Tugendhat J redefines meaning of defamation: An interesting development in defamation law.
- 16 June | Denying child asylum seekers a legal lifeline: Comment in the Guardian on the administration of Refugee and Migrant Justice,